Mahia i runga i te rangimarie, me te ngākau māhaki
With a peaceful mind and a respectful heart, we will always get the best result
MĀORI ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR
Ko Māuao te Maunga
Ko Tauranga te Moana
Ko Takitumu, Mataatua ngā waka
Ko Ngāti Ranginui, Ngāi Te Rangi, Ngāti Pukenga, Waitaha ngā iwi
Ko Ngāi Te Ahi, Ngāti He, Ngai Tamarawaho, Ngāti Tapu ngā Hapū
Ko Rangiwhakaehu Irene Walker ahau
NGĀ MIHI NUI
SociaLink’s commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi, is increasing engagement amongst the social sector. Irene brings her skills to assist and support an inclusive approach with the Māori social sector and introduces the housing and educational sector into the mix.
Her role aims to ensure relationships between Māori social services and SociaLink are strengthened and that SociaLink has an improved understanding of tikanga Māori and kawa (protocols), for engaging Māori in the social service sector.
The scope of this role includes:
- Relationship development with Māori providers across WBOP
- Developing an understanding of WBOP Māori social services and how SociaLink can best ‘add value’ to Māori social services
- Advocacy on issues of importance to Māori social services
- Social sector updates including local and central government
- Referral points and introductions
New opportunities that arise may also include collaborations and linkages. Irene’s engagement role will also explore and promote funding opportunities, creating space for Māori data development, support Māori submissions to local and central government to support Māori aspirations and advancement.