- The purpose of this website is to provide information about SociaLink Tūhono Pāpori and its divisions. SociaLink is not responsible for information provided by third parties that you may access on or through this website, or for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- The SociaLink website uses server logs and web analytic tools (such as cookies and other tracking technologies). Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device by websites you visit. When you use this website these tools collect information such as what browser and operating system you use, the internet protocol address of the device you have used to access the website, search terms, your location and what content you view when visiting our website. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us. You can set your browser to block cookies but you may not be able to access all the features of the SociaLink website.
- You consent to and understand that your personal information may be transferred, processed and stored outside of New Zealand if our website is hosted outside New Zealand.
- SociaLink will try to ensure the information contained within its website is accurate and does not accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions. However, reasonable steps are taken to avoid or mitigate these types of issues.
- SociaLink either owns the copyright in or has the right to use all text and images published on this website, and its overall design, unless otherwise stated. You may download and print out any part of this website for your own personal use.
Collection of information
- We may collect information from you through your use of our website, when you request information from us or engage our services. Personal information is collected when users register for regular newsletters, book an event, make a payment, use SociaLink services, complete a survey or contact SociaLink about services. You can ask to be removed or unsubscribe from our newsletter mailing list at any time.
In order to use certain services, users may need to create and register on the website by completing registration forms that require submission of their contact information, such as name, email, and postal address.
Surveys and SubscriptionsThe website may contain online surveys requesting contact information, such as name, email, and postal address.
Third party providers – Analytics
- We may use third party Service Providers to assist us to analyse how our website is used. These Service Providers have access to your personal information only to enable them to perform these tasks on our behalf and they may not disclose it or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
How information is used
Personal information provided to SociaLink, will be used for the purposes of providing SociaLink services as requested. We generally do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you gave us the information. It includes:
- registering and managing organisation or individual details on our Customer Management Relationship system;
- communicating with service users, including in relation to the services SociaLink provides, or any associated matters;
- for general administrative and business purposes;
- marketing and business analytics;
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to SociaLink;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- service user information is shared with other SociaLink employees and contractors and IT service providers that SociaLink uses to support its services;
- content that service users and others post on the website, including any comments posted and associated contact details, can be viewed by the public at large;
- There may also be circumstances where SociaLink is required to disclose personal information by law, for example, to Governmental or regulatory authorities.
By using any of our services, including our website, and providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want it to be used in this way.
SociaLink provides an open and collaborative sharing environment for all community and social sector parties who use SociaLInk services. In this regard, SociaLink may provide your contact details to other participating organisations in the event that such contact could enhance opportunities for collaboration. SociaLink runs divisions called The Kollective, Volunteering Services and Community Insights, who are all part of the SociaLink group.
Access to and correction of information
- We will provide you with access to any personal information we hold about you. If it is wrong please ask us to correct it. To ask for access and correction, see our contact details.