Have you got a great idea for a new community project, but need help to get it off the ground?
You (or someone in your wider network) may be eligible for funding from Tauranga City Council’s Community Development Match Fund. The Match Fund is designed to help groups deliver new initiatives that foster strong, innovative and vibrant communities, by contributing 50% of the project costs up to $10,000.
We have two medium grants rounds (up to $10,000) per year – May and November. Our medium grants round is currently open and will close on 31 May 2017 – so get your application in now!
Applications are welcomed from not-for-profit groups, communities of interest and informal/grassroots neighbourhood groups.
The projects we fund must:
- Be new initiatives (not existing projects/programmes or operational costs)
- Provide a public benefit and be free and open to members of the public
- Be initiated, planned and implemented by members of the community who will benefit
- Occur within the Tauranga City boundaries
- Demonstrate ‘community match’ which means you are contributing in equal value to what is being applied for (your match can include volunteer hours, donated materials, services, monetary etc.)
To apply to the Match Fund:
Step 1 – read the guidelines for applicants to ensure your project is the right fit for the Match Fund
Step 2 – contact Debbie Currin on 07 577 7000, ext: 7208 to discuss your project idea
Step 3 – complete and submit your application online
Please note that meeting the criteria and being invited to submit an application does not guarantee approval.
For more information, please visit the Match Fund website or contact Debbie Currin in the Community Development team on 07 577 7000, ext: 7208.