Below is a wide selection of organisations that will host FREE online learning. The selection is wide and varied. Almost anything you could want for is available at varying levels. Some are available with assessment and certification also.
An education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take. The courses do not equate to credits at the Universities. Courses available include, for example:
- Neuroscience: Perception, action and the brain
- Introduction to psychology
- Social psychology
- Reasoning, data analysis and writing
- Introduction to public speaking
- The clinical psychology of children and young people
International online learning provider FutureLearn is offering a free online course on violence against women, starting this week.
The course, Understanding Violence Against Women: Myths and Realities takes two hours a week for six weeks.
Key topics covered include:
- Key concepts – Gender, Power and Violence
- Defining and explaining Violence Against Women
- Impact of Violence Against Women from a range of perspectives
- Media and Cultural representations of Violence Against Women
- Public and Professional responses to Violence Against Women
- Preventing Violence Against Women – national and international approaches
Free online course via Australia Open University which include, for example:
- Teaching adult learners
- Becoming a confident trainer
- Becoming human: Anthropology
- Foundations of psychology
This learning centre is offered as part of the US based National Child Traumatic Stress Network Center (NTCSN) offers over 300 free trauma focused online courses.
Privacy 101 – The material aims to introduce you to key concepts and definitions contained in the Privacy Act, including a brief discussion about the interface between the Official Information Act (OIA) and the Privacy Act. It focuses on the 12 informatio Save & Exit n privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act.