The Ministry of Social Development and Oranga Tamariki have produced a list of essential social services in Tauranga, listed below:
There is also the opportunity for other providers to ask to be classified as an essential service.
· Avalon Aotearoa Charitable Trust
· EmployNZ Limited
· SILC Limited
· Bay of Plenty Sexual Assault Support Services
· Blue Light Ventures Inc
· Homes of Hope Charitable Trust
· Tauranga Budget Advisory Service Incorporated
· Tauranga Living Without Violence Collective Trust
· Te Tuinga Whanau Support Services Trust
· Turning Point Trust
· Te Runanga O Ngai Te Rangi Iwi Trust
· Life Style Choices Limited
· Tauranga Women’s Refuge
· Tauranga Christian Community Trust (Impac Tauranga)
· Ngati Ranginui Iwi Society Incorporated
· Whaioranga Trust
Other services that we know are operating:
- Parent to Parent -Childbirth Education Classes, now operating online in a digital format with a mixture of interactive zoom sessions, pre-recorded content and facebook groups.We are also facilitating virtual coffee groups for new Mums, as well as other opportunities for parent education and support. See the website: https://taurangaparentscentre.org/childbirth-education/
- Breast Cancer Support Service are still providing emotional support by phone, email and text between 9-1 Monday to Friday. For full information about the service www.breastcancerbop.org.nz.
- Katikati Maori Wardens
- Tauranga Branch of Diabetes NZ is still operating from our Branch Coordinator’s home by phone, email Facebook and website. providing advice, support and information to people with type 1, gestational or type 2 diabetes. Hours Mon-Fri 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Contact lena fendley at Tauranga@diabetes.org.nz and 027 883 0158