Digital / IT
The use of information and communication technology can help your organisation to:
- make the most of staff and volunteer time
- measure and improve client and community outcomes
- minimise service risk ie privacy breaches Source: ImproveIT
IT systems for accounting, payroll, invoicing, communication, client relationship management, board management and evaluation are all ways for organisations to manage their operational functions more efficiently. However, with the increasing use of these systems it is increasingly important to be aware of cyber security and minimising the risk of cyber security breaches.
ImproveIT helps community organisations make the most of information and communication technology. The site has an extensive information library in the following subjects:
- IT Management – technology management, governance and planning
- Technology – PCs, infrastructure, servers, hardware software and email
- Information management – Client information, service delivery, supporting members
- Online presence – websites, social media, search engines & online communications
- Staff IT skills – digital literacy, productivity tools & professional development
- Security & risk – securing your information & disaster recovery
If you are not sure where to start you can take their Digital Capability Quiz http://survey.infoxchange.org/s3/improveitquiz
Technology donation and discount programs
TechSoup New Zealand is a programme run by Connecting Up, Inc. that administers technology donation and discount programs from companies such as Microsoft, Symantec, SAP and many more to eligible not-for-profit organisations in New Zealand.
They regularly have tech related Events: webinars plus an extensive list of Previous webinars for NFP’s on for example Facebook pages setup and posting, Digital Marketing for Non-Profits or Making End of Year Reporting Productive.
If you have an IT related question you can post this to Ask an expert
Using the cloud
Privacy considerations for organisations storing personal information in the cloud including a ‘Cloud computing checklist’ for small organisations
Privacy statement development tool
Generate your own privacy statement by using the Privacy Commissioner’s Priv-o-matic tool.
Privacy Commissioner information on losing personal information through a data breach.
CERT NZ – cyber security in New Zealand
An organisation that aims to improve cyber security in New Zealand, they have a range of guides to protect businesses.
SociaLink Digital Technology Support Programme
Yearly support programme to:
- assess your software, hardware and skill needs
- select and install technology
- offers training and support if further funding is required
For much more information go to the dedicated website