The team at SociaLink is as diverse as the sector we support; we have differing expertise and a variety of skills, but share a common goal and love for the social services sector and those fortunate enough to work in it. We look forward to engaging with you and hearing your stories. Below is a little bit about us….
Liz Davies - General Manager
Liz wanted to start a bring your dog to work policy, but as our office is really small and her dog is really big, plans had to be temporarily shelved. Fortunately she is very smart and persuasive, and has persuaded TECT to build a big shiny new building, big enough for herself, her dog and anyone else who’d like to join her.
- A ‘jill of all trades’ who has worked in youth health, education and training, public health, social policy and planning, community development, child protection, mental health and management for over 25 years
- Has a Bachelor and Masters of Social Work
- Worked for over 10 years in the Western Bay of Plenty as well as in Melbourne, London, the Pacific and Asia.
Gordy Lockhart - Manager - The Kollective
Gordy is originally from Scotland. He had to move, as it was too cold to wear his huge collection of gaudy shirts (which are a real sight for sore eyes). He has been slowly adjusting to life in NZ by learning English. We can understand him most of the time, the rest of the time we just nod and stare hypnotically at his shirts.
Gordy has many years of experience under his belt in…
- Business & HR management consultancy
- Systems and process development
- Marketing & digital presence
- Innovation & new concept development
Liz Flaherty - Community Insights Laboratory Manager
Yet another Liz to our team.
Joy Ngatoko-Jack - Māori Engagement Advisor
Liz Stewart - Policy, Research & Advocacy
Liz can be relied on to give careful thought to issues and depending on whether her hearing aids are working well (she can always hear Gordy though) usually comes up with a considered answer of “I agree let’s have morning tea now.”
- Liz has spent her career working as a researcher, evaluator, policy analyst and health promotion adviser in university, national NGO and DHB settings in Auckland before returning to Tauranga and joining SociaLink.
- She has a Masters in Politics and Post-Graduate Diploma in Public Health and over 30 years’ experience working in the fields of reducing alcohol related harm, health promotion and mental health services. She was a trustee and chair of Alcohol Healthwatch in Auckland for many years.
Tracy Stockman - Financial Administration
Tracy is our financial goddess, she loves budgets and forecasts, and is able to count using more than her own body parts. The rest of us are also very good at maths, and know that there is only one of her and that she was employed not a fraction too soon.
- Over 30 years administration and accounts experience
- Over 10 years Operational Management experience in Private Sector
- Over 10 years experience in the not-for-profit sector – funding, sponsorship and project management
- Extensive Project & Event Management experience
Charlotte Van Doorne - Collaborative Practice Coordinator
Ciska Vogelzang - Organisational Support Coordinator
Ciska and red go together very well. She even has a red bike. And true to the colour she is full of energy and action.
Ciska, who has a Masters in Organisational Psychology, has worked extensively in the health sector including mental health. She is a part time Academic Staff Member at Toi Ohomai’s Faculty of Business Management and Legal Studies as well as running her own business in executive and career coaching. Her volunteer positions as the Chair of The Incubator Creative Hub Trust Board and a board member of Age Concern Tauranga have enhanced her knowledge of the local social sector even further.
Kathy Webb - Learning & Development
Kathy has been working in the social sector forever, and there is no one she doesn’t know. She can get you anything you need, no questions asked; and often has an abundance of things that she would like to get rid of, anything from bookmarks to bunnies.
- 10 years experience in community development with local government
- 15 years experience with a variety of community organisations at staff and board level
- A broad knowledge of the not for profit sector in the western Bay of Plenty and nationally.